FOR A MORE AGE FRIENDLY EU
ETAIREIA NOSOU ALZHEIMER KAI SYNAFWN DIATARAXWN “ALLILENGII”
“ALLILENGII” OF HERAKLION IS NOW FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE COVENANT ON DEMOGRAPHIC CHANGE
Dear Covenant members,
As you know the Founding members were asked to elect the first Board of Directors of the new Covenant on Demographic Change through a secret online voting survey.
Enclosed you will find a PDF file with the details information about the outcome of the vote.
In total 52 non-for-profit Founding members participated in the elections. A very good participation rate given the tight deadline and technical bug we faced in the beginning. Thanks to all of you for your quick reaction!
As a result the first Board of Directors will be composed of:
President: Mr. Furio Honsell, Mayor of Udine (IT)
Vice-President nominated by Full members: Ms. Joan Martin, Louth County Council (IE)
Vice-President nominated by Ordinary Members: Ms. Carina Dantas, Innovation Director, Caritas Coimbra (PT)
Secretary General: Anne-Sophie Parent, Secretary General AGE Platform Europe (BE)
- Ms. Dianne Gove, Director for Projects, Alzheimer Europe, (LU)
- Mr. Mikko Aaltonen, Deputy Mayor City of Tampere (FI)
- Ms. Elena Curtopassi, ENSA, Network and Veneto Region (IT)
- Ms. Miriea Ferri, Researcher, Polibienestar UVEG (ES)
- Mr. Rodd Bond, Member of Age-Friendly Ireland executive Committee, (IE)
- Ms. Chiara Giovannini, Senior Manager, ANEC, (BE)
- Ms. Chariklia Tziraki, member of Governing Board of Alzheimer Heraklion (GRECE)
- Mr. Martin Polenz, Leader Staff Unit “Zukunft Alter (Future of Ageing), City of Arbsberg (DE)
- Ms. Antonia Caro-Gonzalez, Head of International Research project Office, University of DEUSTO (ES)
- Mr. Brendan John Kenny, Deputy Chief Executive of Dublin City, Director and Chair of Age-Friendly Ireland (IE)
Congratulations to all Board members and a big thank you to all other candidates! It was great to see such an enthusiastic response to the call for candidates.
Public announcement: Tomorrow we will issue a press release once the Statutes are signed and count on you all to disseminate it. We will also attach a photo of the signature of the Statutes. For Twitter, you can use #agefriendlyeu
We will contact the new Board of Directors very soon to agree on the Covenant first activities, etc.
A new adventure is starting. The Covenant gathers already 111 members as of today and the number keeps increasing.
Together we can make it a success by pooling our resources together toward our common objective: a more age-friendly EU
Best regards to all,
AGE Platform Europe